2022 RAM 1500 vs. 2022 Ford F-150
Comparing The 2022 RAM 1500 With The 2022 Ford F-150
Those in the market for a pickup truck with a stunning design, innovative technology features, impressive performance, and next-level capabilities have probably come across the 2022 Ram 1500 and the 2022 Ford F-150. These trucks are the two most popular and best-selling pickups available on the market, and for a good reason. Keep reading to find out how these two stack up when they go head-to-head.
2022 RAM 1500 vs. 2022 Ford F-150 Design
- Both trucks showcase iconic rugged exterior designs with luxurious interior amenities. However, the Ram 1500 boasts the distinction of having the Most Luxurious Interior in its Class. It has more genuine leather and wood and other first-class appointments to ensure every drive is one in comfort and style.
- The Ram 1500 also offers Best-in-Class legroom with 45.2 inches compared to the Ford F-150, which provides only 43.6 inches. Furthermore, the Ram 1500 has a cabin up to 6.6-inches longer than the competition, offering a more spacious and comfortable experience wherever the road takes you.
- The Ram 1500's interior is even more first-class with its segment-first reclining rear seats and is the only truck in its class to offer heated and ventilated rear seats. Additionally, the Ram 1500 boasts innovative storage solutions for more convenience on the worksite or with the family.
- For the exterior, the Ram 1500 provides Best-in-Class aerodynamics with its Class-Exclusive active air dam, Active Air Grille Shutters, and available Class-Exclusive Active-Level Four-Corner Air Suspension. This allows the 2022 Ram 1500 to have better fuel economy ratings than the competition.
2022 RAM 1500 Exterior Design
2022 RAM 1500 Interior Design
2022 RAM 1500 vs. 2022 Ford F-150 Technology
- The 2022 Ram 1500 offers desirable connectivity features through its new next-generation Uconnect 5 multimedia system with a 12-inch touchscreen with navigation. It provides enhanced connectivity through multi-phone Bluetooth, wireless Apple CarPlay, wireless Android Auto, five user profiles, and Alexa In-Vehicle Assistant.
- Other desirable tech features in the Ram 1500 include a Class-Exclusive 19-speaker Harman Kardon premium surround-sound system, push-button start, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, a ParkView rear backup camera, and a wireless charging pad.
- The Ford F-150 doesn't offer nearly as many tech features, with the base model providing manual door locks and manual air conditioning. Furthermore, the Ford F-150 does not offer standard built-in navigation or a wireless smartphone charging pad for any of its trim levels.
2022 RAM 1500 vs. 2022 Ford F-150 Performance
- The Ram 1500 provides the ideal combination of power, capability, and convenience. It comes standard with a 3.6-litre Pentastar V6 engine with an eTorque mild hybrid system to deliver 305 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque plus 90 lb-ft of launch torque. This engine is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission and can be built into the 4x2 or 4x4 configured models to have a maximum towing capacity of 7,460 pounds.
- The Ford F-150 comes standard with a 3.3-litre Ti-VCT V6 Engine that produces 290 horsepower and 265 lb-ft of torque. This engine is paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission.
- Both trucks have various engine options, but for comparison's sake, we will only compare the base model engine and the most powerful engine. The most powerful Ram 1500 is the 6.2-litre Supercharged HEMI V8, which produces an impressive 702 Best-in-Class horsepower and 650 lb-ft of Best-in-Class torque. This engine is paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission and can tow up to 8,100 pounds.
- The most powerful engine on the 2022 Ford F-150 is the High-Output 3.5-litre EcoBoost engine that delivers 450 horsepower and 510 lb-ft of torque. This engine is paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission and can tow up to 14,000 pounds. Although it has a greater towing capacity, the engine's power doesn't even come close to the Ram 1500's Supercharged HEMI V8. When properly equipped, the Ram 1500 can tow up to 12,750 pounds.
With multiple trim levels to explore, we invite you to visit our dealership to test drive your desired Ram 1500. Once you get a better idea of which trim has the features and capabilities you need, you should reach out to our Finance Centre to learn more about the available financing options for your desired model and trim level. You can also utilize our trade-in value estimator to determine how much you can expect to receive when trading your current vehicle towards a new one, allowing you to make a more accurate vehicle shopping budget.